Wednesday, April 28, 2010

... HOPE ...


I don't know why, but recently the word "hope" had been floating around and around in my head. I mean, when we look out at the world and see the desperate condition that it is in, where is hope? Dare we hope? Dare we dream? Dare we wish? I know that its not just me; millions of people have had their dreams crushed by different things. So where is hope in all of this? Where can we find hope in the world where there seems to be absolutely no hope? As I was contemplating this and playing around on my guitar, a song came out. It was something of an accident ... check it out ...


Is there any way for me to have hope everyday of my life?
I must find a way for me to have hope
and loosen the chains that bind my life.
Everywhere I look I am mistaken,
'cause ever bit of hope had been taken.

Then I hear a Voice calling out to me,
"Here is hope for you and everybody.
And this hope, it is in Me;
come and drink that water that will make you free.
Hope is in Me".

This hope isn't cheap, it was bought with a price,
just for you and for me.
But it's free to those who would like
to be free from the hopelessness in their lives.
Some have tried to find it different places,
but they just walk around in empty mazes.

I hear a Voice calling out to me,
"Here is hope for you and everybody.
And this hope, it is in Me;
come and drink the water that will make you free.
Hope is in Me".

You may think that I'm telling lies,
so come and see for your own eyes.
This is not some temporary hope;
it's real .... it's real ....

I hear a Voice calling out to me,
"Here is hope for you and everybody.
And this hope, it is in Me;
come and drink the water that will make you free.
Hope is in Me".

I've found a way for me to have hope everyday of my life ....

© Alonda Denise 2010


One thing that we forget on a regular basis is that hope, all hope, can only be found in Jesus. Man, without Jesus there is no hope! I know that recently we've heard a lot about hope, but real hope ... is only and exclusively in God ... Thank God for hope ... !


1 comment: