Thursday, May 13, 2010

Have YOU Decided?


You know, the past few day's I've really been thinking ... about a lot of spiritual stuff ... wondering ... I know that most people don't want to go to hell; a lot of people want to go to heaven. But how? I mean, I know that Jesus died so that we can be saved and all, but just claiming God's grace over your life and doing whatever you want isn't exactly going to "get you there", if you know what I mean. So I've been wondering ... Like what if you really want to go to heaven and all, but you just can't seem to make up your mind enough ... Like you keep failing and failing and failing .... sinning and sinning and sinning ... and you just can't seem to stop! You want to know Jesus. You want to be used in His service, but you know that you can't do that being the way you are. So yeahh, what do you do? As I kept turning this over in my head ... and praying about it ... and then it was like Jesus whispered in my ear and then a song came into my mind ...

I have decided to follow Jesus,
I have decided to follow Jesus,
I have decided to follow Jesus,
No turning back,
No turning back.

And then ... then it all made sense! We must decide! It all boils down to our choice. Its not like we have to sin. We don't have to fail. Jesus is ready and waiting to give us the victory over every sin that besets us. But we have to decide ... do we want to follow Jesus? Do we want to be freed from sin? Do we want to be in His service? I don't know about you, but I want that more than anything else in the world. The decision is the first step. As we allow Jesus to live His life out within us we can become like Him. So all this struggling and restlessness is for nothing. In short, make up your mind! Either you wanna follow Jesus or you don't ... And thats not always the easiest thing to do ...

Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;
No turning back,
No turning back.

When you really decide to follow Jesus, you may have to let somethings go. Like maybe certain types of music, movies, and activities that you do. It won't exactly be easy, but once you've decided thats the only way to get closer to Jesus; by letting go of the things that are between you and Jesus.

The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
No turning back,
No turning back.

Then usually, you will want others, especially your friends and family, to make the same decision too. You want them to follow Jesus so that you can all spend eternity together in paradise. Thats what I want for all my friends and family ...

Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
No turning back,
No turning back.

Thats pretty much it ... have you decided?

No comments:

Post a Comment