Monday, May 31, 2010

Let It Go ...


I'm sure I'm not the only one thats gone through 'something' and been affected by what other decided to do. Its like it feels that everyone uses you to do what they want then they cast you aside and move on to the next person. Or maybe, someone that you trusted lied to you. Or could be that you have been wronged by someone that should have protected you. Whatever the case, it seems that the majority of the human race has in one way or the other had to forgive someone. Sometimes it can be kind of easy, other times it can be so difficult. But every time, you come to the cross road: forgive or hold a grudge? Holding grudges have been medically proven to decrease health, while forgiveness gives health and vitality to a soul that would have been bogged down with who knows what. I'm the kind of person that takes forever to get angry. People can do all manner of things to me, and I'll never react. But if I ever get angry at someone or something, you can count on me never forgetting it. So forgiveness doesn't exactly come easy for me. Its not usually my first reaction to a situation. I used to pride myself on being a master at acting. I loved to act fine and okay, when I was crying and torn up and depressed inside. I became so good at it that even my family couldn't tell the difference. Now as I look back I can see the danger in pushing things below the surface and trying to be okay when you aren't. It doesn't work to well, for one thing, and the other part is that you learn to act so well that you forget who you really are ... what your actually like. Being naturally sensitive to what people say to me from the time I was small has had its disadvantages. I've always wanted to be 'tough' and not a 'cry baby' so I've almost always buried things underneath, trying to be the person I'm not. My 'plan' backfired seriously. Now I'm dealing with all of the things that I've buried that insisted on resurfacing. Blahh ... no fun ... As I look back again, I wish so much that I had learned to let things go; even things that really hurt me. You can't let things go by yourself, though; almost always it takes help from Jesus for you to actually just let things go, to forgive and forget and move on. As I said before, its not always easy, but I can promise that its doable. With God 'all things are possible' even forgiving the most grievous sin against you. So I don't know what you've gone through, what kind of things that have been done to hurt you, what others have done against you, but I do know this one thing ... let it go ... holding on to it will only destroy you. Forgive, forget, and move on ... Life isn't fair in any way, shape, or form so I know that a lot of 'unfairities' (made up word) have happened to you just like they've happened to me. But you gotta, you really gotta, just let it go ... because holding onto it does nothing for you! Its like taking poison and expecting the other person to die ... doesn't make sense. I can hear someone that's reading thins saying "You don't understand what I've been through! You have no idea!" Well, your correct, very correct. I don't know ... but I do know that you need to let it go ... ask for God's help. He will help you! He wants you to be able to forgive too. I love the picture because it seems that sometimes the things that we go through chain us to something or someone. Clip the tie ... don't keep holding on ... So thats the thought I want to leave with you today; no matter whats happened, what you've gone through, or whats been done to you, I urge you to let it go ... just let it go ...

No comments:

Post a Comment