Friday, July 9, 2010

.... *beautiful thoughts* ....



Thoughts ... those little things that are always going through our head ... at least girls heads; according to a male Christian consoler, guys actually have a "nothing box" in their head when they can actually think about nothing ... how that happens, I have no idea ... ! But for me, I'm always thinking ... there isn't a moment when I'm not contemplating something. About the weather, the future, my life, my friends, my family, God, what I'm going to do with my life, how much money I need, etc. Whatever is happening, I'm thinking. Either calm, reminiscing thoughts, anxious, frantic thoughts, or just about whatever is going on at the moment. Thinking is one of my favorite activities. When there seems to be nothing else to do, you always have a brain to keep you occupied. So what do you think about? Shallow thoughts, or deep thoughts? ( I would like to think that I think very deep thoughts ) Is it even important? Really, thoughts can't be that big of a deal. I mean, unless it comes out of your mouth, why worry about it? Whether you realize it or not, your thoughts do have a great deal to do with you. When you think filthy thoughts, chances are your going to talk filthy and act filthy. When you think depressing thoughts, your probably going to be depressed. When you think sad thoughts, most likely you'll be sad. When you think angry thoughts, you'll almost always be angry. And when you think beautiful thoughts, I'm almost positive that you'll be beautiful. Its just like a pitcher. Okay, lets say that you have an empty pitcher and you begin to pour red Kool-Aid into it. After a while, the pitcher fills up and if you don't stop pouring the drink in, it begins to overflow. So lets say that you feed yourself anger; angry books, angry TV shows, angry movies, around angry friends. The pitcher is full of it. But as you keep pouring this stuff in, it begins to come out. It flows over into the rest of your life. Whether you want to believe it or not, "by beholding you become changed". Same with filthiness, sadness, depression, anxiety ... all of it. But turn the scenario around. What if you begin to behold beautiful things? Beautiful books, beautiful TV shows, beautiful people, beautiful things ... you begin to become beautiful! We already established in an earlier blog that real beauty isn't outward; it comes from God and its comes from your heart. This isn't that "fake" beauty that really isn't beautiful at all. So what do you think about? I challenge you for one week to seek to surround yourself with truly beautiful things. Go on nature walks, talk to an older lady that had a fulfilling life, read the Bible, try to smile even when things are hard. I also challenge you to avoid the things that are not beautiful. Pessimistic and depressing people, TV shows that put your mind in the gutter, staying inside all day, books that don't help you to be any happier. See what happens after one week of this "therapy". I can guarantee that you will see a difference for the better in your life. And if you don't, try it for another week. Who wants to be thinking ugly thoughts? Beautiful thoughts make beautiful people ... we all want to be beautiful, whether we want to admit it or not. But this is the way to have *real* beauty ... try it ...

and seek to think *beautiful thoughts* ( :

No comments:

Post a Comment