Thursday, July 1, 2010

Creation or Evolution ... ? O_o


Sooo ... the last few days I've been at General Conference (that explains the after 11:00 almost 12 blog) and its been pretty fun. But anyway, a couple days ago my friends and I were walking around the booths being bored and someone got the "bright" idea to go up to a certain colleges booth and ask them why they supposedly teach evolution. So we go up and its this "modern looking dude" (that actually had a pretty awesome watch! lol). Anyway, at first he was trying to talk us all into putting on some of the colleges stickers so that we could be publicity for them, or something. We firmly told him no. He caught on quite quick. He knew we weren't there to get stickers ... so the "bold" one of us finally spoke up. "Do you guys really teach evolution?" "Ahhh!", he said, "you've heard the rumors!" Rumors? H'mm ... so he went on to tell us what "really happened" and how the whole thing came about. But as we went on into the conversation he began to get agitated. Unfortunately (or fortunately), I have th mind of a lawyer. Basically, everything is false unless proven true. The things that he was saying to defend the colleges position on evolution weren't satisfying enough for me. I wanted to go deeper. So, as I usually do, I began to dig, ask questions that you can't answer except with a "yes" or "no" unless you don't answer it (okay, I admit, I kinda like to see people squirm when you ask them a point-blank question too). So I asked him, "Do you believe in a literal six day creation by God?" His answer: "I believe God created the world". So I said: "No, no. You didn't answer the question. Do you believe in a literal six day creation by God?" He said again: "I believe God created the world". He said some other things that I shall no repeat not because they were bad, but because they just don't bare repeating. To say I was disappointed is a serious understatement ... I was no less then shocked! A Christian (pastor at that) that didn't believe that God created our world? Huh? Either you believe God created this world or you don't. I'm sorry, there is no grey area! If for some irrational reason you don't believe that God created this world then by default your an evolutionist. Sorry, pick one or the other. And no, all those forms of creation/evolution don't work out either. God .... God created this world! Everywhere you look you can see the touch of His Divine hand. From the tree's to the oceans. From the flower to the tomato. Even when we look at our own bodies, you can see that we didn't just "evolve". So if everything started with a "big bang" then how did that come about? Its common sense that nothing CAN'T explode simply because its ... nothing. *big duh there* But its seems as if a lot of people are taking hold of this theory (and yes, it is indeed a theory because its NOT A FACT AND IT HASN'T BEEN PROVEN!!!!!!!). Its sad ... that people would rather believe that they came from a monkey rather then that they were created by a loving God ... so I'm writing this blog to tell you where I stand ...

I believe that God created this world,
the animals,
the plants,
the environment,
and most of all,
I believe that He created you and me!
And then, when we fell, He actually
sent His Son to die for us.

Really, whats the point of believing in God when you don't believe that He created you? Nothing at all ... so yeahh ... I think thats all I had to say ... WOW! after 12! Time for bed! D= *smile*


I BELIEVE THAT GOD CREATED EVERYTHING! ( :

No comments:

Post a Comment