Saturday, February 5, 2011

there was no thief ...

have you ever felt that something has been stolen from you? I don't mean physical stuff (pieces of gum don't even count lol) , but like spiritually and emotionally?


more then once I have found myself accusing others when I slipped in my relationship with God. It's so much easier to blame others then to take the responsibility yourself! its quite popular within my age group .... especially when it comes to spiritual stuff. 


I'm sure you've heard it too. Its like someone will bring this or that to our attention but we don't wanna do it. So what do we do? we blame it on the fault of other Christians. 


"Well, such and such watched that movie and they're an Elder in the church".


"Well, such and such listens to that song and thats the pastor's son".


"Well, such and such too the entire youth group to that place and thats the pastor".


so we excuse our selves. And almost more then anything, we actually allow ourselves to believe stuff like that. 


Its crazy.


Its like we neglect our devotions for weeks and suddenly wake up to the fact that we're pretty much living life without Jesus, but we blame it on the fact that the youth pastor isn't relevant enough, or that church is dry, or that we can't understand old English. 


excuses, excuses ....


I called this "there was no thief ... " because sometimes it seems like we think that someone stole Jesus or our spiritual lives from us, you know? we never stop to look at ourselves and examine what we have been doing. Its quite sad actually ... I'm guilty of doing this many times. I wonder where along the way I lost Jesus or who did what to 'steal' Him from me, but its not them its me!


For a time I thought there was a thief among us
I thought I'd track him down, but prior to my pursuit
the smoke had cleared and to my disbelief
there was no thief 'cause it was me that lost You .... 

I think its high time we quit blaming others for our faults and falls. 

If you want to have someone to blame, then I strongly suggest you take a long look in the mirror. Chances are ...

you'll be staring right at the thief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment